Our lives were turned upside down 3 weeks ago.
I've been thinking and praying about how to share details with everyone and I think I'm going to first share the facts:
Two weeks ago Katelyn announced to us that she was leaving Boot Camp and not going to Uganda with us. She's moved into Valleybrook where she's volunteering at Joe's Addiction, looking for a job, and dating one of the guys who lives there. Please feel free to email me (suubifamily@yahoo.com) or Katelyn (turquoisetoesocks@yahoo.com) to ask any questions you might have.
Now I'll share our emotions:
Heart broken. Wailing and sobbing from our children. Feelings of betrayal, abandonment, anger, and fear. Sadness at the thought of going to Uganda without Katelyn. Exhaustion from sleepless nights crying out to God on her behalf. Love for Katelyn that will never end.
Thank you for praying for our family as we learn to trust Jesus more deeply. And for praying for Katelyn that she will be protected from harm and that she will seek Jesus with her whole heart.
I've been thinking and praying about how to share details with everyone and I think I'm going to first share the facts:
Two weeks ago Katelyn announced to us that she was leaving Boot Camp and not going to Uganda with us. She's moved into Valleybrook where she's volunteering at Joe's Addiction, looking for a job, and dating one of the guys who lives there. Please feel free to email me (suubifamily@yahoo.com) or Katelyn (turquoisetoesocks@yahoo.com) to ask any questions you might have.
Now I'll share our emotions:
Heart broken. Wailing and sobbing from our children. Feelings of betrayal, abandonment, anger, and fear. Sadness at the thought of going to Uganda without Katelyn. Exhaustion from sleepless nights crying out to God on her behalf. Love for Katelyn that will never end.
Thank you for praying for our family as we learn to trust Jesus more deeply. And for praying for Katelyn that she will be protected from harm and that she will seek Jesus with her whole heart.
We love you so much!
ReplyDeleteJ&N
One of the points in our Beth Moore Bible Study video this week was, "God is expecting our unexpected." How good to know that the Lord we serve is not taken by surprise with the things that pull the rug out from under our plans. He knew you'd write this post on this day. I'm praying for you.
ReplyDeleteI don't remember exactly what I said before (so try not to delete this one) ;) ...
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys and are fervently praying for all of you...as always, but especially nowadays. I hope you know that and that you are FEELING prayed for.